The city is located west of the department of Vendée between Notre-Dame-de-Monts and Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez, at the beginning of the Côte de Lumière.
It is separated in two by a row of dunes with pine trees running north and south along the coast, forming a part of the Forest of Pays de Monts, configuration and which extends continuously over 25 km from north to south , La Barre-de-Monts in Saint-Hilaire.
The resort of Saint-Jean-de-Monts was able to develop its various facilities and diversify.
• ODYSSEA, the new convention center with demonstrations and exhibitions always rewarding;
• BASE NAUTIQUE with terrace facing the sea: you can sit comfortably the time to pause and enjoy a refreshment after practicing your favorite water sports or beach sports;
• Océabul, the aquatic center with jacuzzis, sauna and steam room;
• ESPLANADE OF THE SEA, a place of pleasant walks, lined with cafes, restaurants, a Casino and businesses;
• The new MEDIA downtown with a wide cultural choice.